Thursday, March 28, 2013
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
1) Eat only organic produce and organic, grass fed meat. Avoid any factory farmed meat like the plague and try your best to avoid conventionally grown produce when possible.
2) Eliminate sugar from your diet completely. Fruit doesn’t count.
3) Cut out all processed foods.
4) Dairy, soy, wheat, sugar, white flour and legumes are inflammatory for the majority of people. Get rid of them.
5) Don’t piss away all your money on bogus, bullshit supplements.
6) Drink a gallon of water per day.
7) Cut out all other beverages. Except for green tea, a limited amount of coffee and some vodka now and then.
8) Practice intermittent fasting on a daily or weekly basis or at least go longer between meals.
9) Get to bed by 10:30 or 11pm every night.
10) Have a routine that helps you wind down each night. Lower the lights, read, etc.
11) Get off of the computer at least two hours before bed. The screen over stimulates your pineal gland and messes with your ability to sleep.
12) Buy the most expensive mattress and sheets you can afford. It’s where you spend a third of your life.
13) Use big compound barbell lifts, gymnastics and strongman exercises to create a well rounded, functional, strong, muscular physique.
14) Focus on a handful of exercises from each category and stick with them until you are really good at them and can no longer make progress. This will probably be years.
15) Train heavy (but in a safe manner). I can never say this often enough.
16) Stick with programs for more than a few weeks. Months or years might be more appropriate in some cases. This also bears repeating. Too many people are program jumpers and get nowhere.
17) Put all of your efforts into a few things that actually make a difference, instead of trying a million options that all do next to nothing.
18) Find a way to get focused. Somehow, some way. Most people have zero focus and thus zero control of their lives. Don’t be another multitasking, confused, out of control, getting nowhere fast member of society. We have more than enough of those.
19) Don’t replace real strength training with some clown like “metabolic conditioning” workout because you think it will help you lose fat faster. It won’t. You lift weights to get bigger, stronger and more explosive. Remember that.
20) Keep a training journal. Record everything. Always try to improve, slowly, over time. Not necessarily workout to workout but over months and years.
21) Train outside more often. Fresh air and natural Vitamin D production are very underrated.
22) Do hill sprints.
23) Pick up and carry or drag heavy shit.
24) Get at least 20 minutes of sunlight per day without sunscreen.
25) Floss daily.
26) Eliminate excess clutter and bullshit from your life. Minimalism…
27) Have sex three times per week, minimum. Preferably with hot chicks.
28) Never allow yourself to get too fat.
29) Never allow your conditioning to slip too much. Always stay in shape.
31) Play a sport or perform some type of fun physical activity once in a while, even if just on weekends with friends. Hike, surf, play volleyball, tennis, flag football, swim, whatever…
32) Read a book. In fact, read lots of books. Aim for at least two per month.
33) Never hang out or associate with negative people. Cut them out of your life permanently.
34) Reduce stress in your life.
35) Check email far less often than you do right now.
36) Watch less TV than you do right now.
37) Never hate or be jealous of anyone. It takes too much energy; energy that could be used to better your life.
38) Listen to Public Enemy.
39) Read this site daily.
Saturday, December 17, 2011
You have rights
One thing though, which people either forget or ignore , willfully or otherwise, your rights only go so far as they do not impinge my rights.
Keep this in mind when you decide you are claiming a "right"
Friday, December 16, 2011
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Sunday, September 25, 2011
J. Kent Ashcraft
Dear Dr. Laura,
Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind him that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.
I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the specific laws and how to best follow them.
a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?
b) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?
c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.
d) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?
e) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?
f) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an Abomination (Lev 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?
g) Lev 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?
h) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev 19:27. How should they die?
i) I know from Lev 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?
j) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev 24:10-16) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)
I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help.
Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.
Your devoted disciple and adoring fan.