Thursday, January 05, 2006

the events of last night and the demise of my truck

20 seconds from home,yeah i am a stat,most accidents happen within a short distance from home. coming down 105 street like i do on a daily basis,the last intersection before my alley a lady in a small chev pickup did not stop at the stop sign. all i saw was a wall of green and kerblammo,it could not of been a more perfect t-bone.

launched her truck up the curb between a tree and a light standard and it came to rest about 30 feet away facing the oppisite direction she was travelling. my truck was spun around on it's front wheels and i ended up against the curb facing the way i was proceeding.

now if anyone who has actually seen me in real life they would know i have a really long torso and stubby little legs therefore i sit very close to the steering wheel. had my seatbelt on but still did not prevent me from centre punching the windsheild with the top of my noodle.

the first words out of my mouth were mother fucker(naturaly) but i quickly realised being pissed was not going to help matters,i turned a looked for the other vehicle and she was already out coming towards me. she was pretty stunned and was saying she was so sorry over and over. she was ok and i was ok so that what was really mattered.

the reality of this is it will hurt her more than me,i lost my truck and since it is an older vehicle i will hard pressed to get back what i lost in terms of vehicle and inconvienience but she is extremely young and going to school,she got a failure to stop ticket and her insurance rates are going to sky rocket. we both walked away so all is not lost-happy new year

3 comments:

Andrea said...

im glad both of you were ok!

cher said...

wow. i'm glad you're ok. great photos of your truck! poor thing. so what kind of vehicle are you going to get now?

Perogyo said...

It's a very good thing that you are okay. Hugs for your head.